dimanche 18 juillet 2010

Now discover your strengths

"It’s one of the best books I’ve read" says my work colleague Andy. Obviously, my continuous curious mind can’t go on without asking "What’s the title of this book?"

Now Discover your Strengths
By Marcus Buckingham

Now at first, I have to say I was a bit reluctant. I have never been much of a fan of business and self-improvement books. But since I am at a point in my life where I seem to be challenging every decisions I have taken in the past (welcome to my thirties), professional as much as personal, I decided to give it a try. I read the book in one single weekend, I answered the questionnaire and here I am writing about it.

And guess what?
I really enjoyed it :o)

Sometimes we are so caught up in our daily tasks that we just can’t put our finger on what we do exceptionally well… I have a big ego… I find I do everything very well :o) Despite this joking around, it was a very useful read for me to identify what were my strengths and how I could cultivate them.

For those of you who are curious, here are my 5 top strengths.

Accompanied by a short description of them. Keep in mind there is much more explanation for each theme once you get into the book:

1. Context
People who are especially talented in the Context theme enjoy thinking about the past. They understand the present by researching its history.

2. Input
People who are especially talented in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.

3. Intellection
People who are especially talented in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.

4. Learner
People who are especially talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.

5. Responsibility
People who are especially talented in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.

Are we surprised?

You tell me…
Feel free to leave a comment

Thanks Andy for the suggestion

1 commentaire:

  1. What are the other themes ?
    ok, found them : http://www.strengthstest.com/theme_summary.php

    ;-)

    RépondreSupprimer